Pancanaka is a scientific magazine published by National Population and Family Planning Agency Representatives of Yogyakarta Special Region . This magazine is published twice a year as a forum to disseminate ideas from the results of studi and research in the field of and/or related to the issue of Population, Family and Human Resources.
The Pancanaka name is taken from the hooves of Bima puppet characters or Werkudara. Pancanaka has a philosophy of its origin, namely as the primacy of science, the position of the nails flanked by the index finger and middle finger can be interpreted as: science should not make someone become arrogant or jumawa and not be used to oppress and defame others but must be used for the benefit of the people as a priority. The index finger is a symbol of purpose while the middle finger is a symbol of neutrality or the wisest position, so it can be concluded that "intelligence or science must be controlled wisely and may not make someone proud (the position of the thumb pinched) where the use must be used and useful for the benefit of the people (the primacy of science) ". While the location of the nails on the right and left is a symbol of mastery of good knowledge (right nails) and that can damage the joints of life (nails to the left) must be used wisely.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Focus and Scope
The Pancanaka Journal accepts articles with a focus and scope:
1. Population, including but not limited to: Fertility, Death and Migration as well as issues related to population policy.
2. Family, including but not limited to: Family Planning and Family Development, population quantity, family planning, reproductive health, family welfare and issues related to the human life cycle (infants, children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly).
3. Human Resources, including but not limited to: Training and Development of Human Resources or issues related to training and other development
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Peer Review Process
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published. Submitted papers are evaluated by anonymous referees (double-blind review) for contribution, originality, relevance, and presentation. The Editor shall inform you of the results of the review as soon as possible, hopefully in 30 to 60 days.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS and CLOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
Witdrawal of Manuscripts
Author is not allowed to withdraw submitted manuscripts, because the withdrawal is waste of valuable resources that editors and referees spent a great deal of time processing submitted manuscript, money and works invested by the publisher.
There is no charge for loading articles in this journal.